Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday Favorites

Thank goodness it's Friday!
This week was a tiring one, but it was great and very productive!
I wish it was a long weekend, and even though it will just be the normal two days, I'm going to make the best of it! This weekend is going to be one of the best! Celebrating fall with some friends in the form of a corn maze and maybe visiting a pumpkin patch (?!) will be so fun!
College life rocks, I'm telling you :) I promise I'll update on my college life soon!
That will be a post hopefully next week! :)

If you haven't already heard (and really, how could you miss it?!), at the beginning of this week, Taylor Swift released a brand new song from her album '1989' due out in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!
No article could describe the new track more perfectly than this one here.
Plus, she's released a few photos that showcase lyrics from various songs off her new album and will continue to do so leading up to her album release & I love it! Her use of social media to draw in her fans into the experience is awesome!

Skip to 2:50 of this video. She is adorable!

I love what TS has to say. She is so mature for her age and girls like myself look to her for inspiration.
One of my favorite quotes from this article is: "There's always a bit of your self-perception that's frozen in junior high, when you trained yourself to not feel cool. You'll never really feel like you're part of the ‘in' crowd, but growing up means that matters to you less and less every day." With Taylor promoting her new album, she is gracing the cover of many magazines this fall so that means many new articles with more words of wisdom.

(Sorry for so many Taylor Swift items on this list! Love her and what she brings to this world!)

I think I found someone who is more excited about this season than me. This dog loves fall.

What?! Wish I lived here, if only for THIS DAY! I heart pizza!

My blogger friend sent me this video & it is too good not to post! I love London and cannot wait to travel on the tube! This is a crazy challenge: watch it here!

I know this is really old (aka 2 weeks old--which basically is old news in this day and age, but I never have time to read all the news stories/blog posts I want [I'm a nerd] but I love ) so tonight, I finally read this article and had to share! I love baking and loved reading how making pies helped this woman learn to overcome the struggles of her everyday life and to find something that makes her want to wake up in the morning. Now I'm craving apple pie..

I need to budget my money, but right now I'm online window shopping..can we make that an actual thing? :)
Anthropologie, Kate Spade, and J. Crew all have AMAZING sales going on right now!
I really want this t-shirt (it's unique!), these pencils (I'm on the lookout for some!), and this skirt (my favorite!).

This week, my friend agreed to take pictures for this blog which I am so excited about!
Now I can post more #ootds, and I can't wait! Many of the bloggers I follow have a very expensive wardrobe that I am a huge fan of but sadly cannot afford. Because of that, I try to find cheaper alternatives to the clothes they wear. Note: cheap as in money wise and not quality wise.
Hopefully, I'm not alone and others can relate to my college budget! :)

Off to enjoy fall-related activities + schoolwork, because that's what college is.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment