Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Summer Reading

Before yesterday, I couldn't even remember the last time I finished a book and that made me sad.
I haven't had to do any "required" summer reading for about 3 years, so that obviously gives me time to read what I want to read, right? Unfortunately, I've only read about 5 books in the past few years for fun. I used to LOVE reading. What happened? I think I started watching more TV shows and spending more time on social media. I spent more time losing myself in those worlds instead of the fictional worlds of literature. And I miss it. I've missed Hogwarts, and dystopian societies, and other various places where I was truly involved in the characters' lives.

My August goal is to read more books and to read a little before bed each night (instead of going on social media or watching Netflix).

I'm currently (re-)reading both Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and The Longest Ride.
Yesterday, I finished Delirium in less than 24 hours, and I also plan on re-reading Allegiant.







Any book recommendations? I'm open to any genre :)

No comments:

Post a Comment