Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Just A Girl Trying To Find A Place In This World

All my life growing up people told me I was smart, and nice, and pretty. And maybe that was partially true, but that's not what life is all about. It is so much more than that. I want to do something with my life, but I have absolutely no idea. I feel like each day is one step closer to figuring it out, but it's hard to be patient. I know that. I've always had a hard time with that particular characteristic of my personality. I hate waiting around when I feel like I could be the one doing something to make it happen faster..

I feel like since school started in August, it's been one crazy roller coaster ride. I have learned so much in the short time I've been here, but I'm thankful for the lessons. If I hadn't gone through certain situations, I wouldn't be where I am today. I've learned that I won't always be the smartest person in a class, or the nicest, or the prettiest. There will always be other people who are better than me, but I'm slowly learning to accept that. College has already helped me out a lot already..it reminded me that I do not have to be the best, but taught me that I should always be the best version of me.
That's probably the most important thing I've learned since I moved here..a lesson I didn't learn in a classroom. Along the way, it will become easier to accept this, but as Dolly Parton said once, "If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."

This semester has been a rough one for me. It was easy at first..I didn't mind moving to a dorm room (and actually I like not having so many material things, because 1. There's no room even if I wanted to have more and 2. I feel lighter), adjusting to college in general, and making new friends. But the last couple of days, I have become really tired. I want change, but I'm not sure how I'm going to make that happen. Sure, I like a routine, but what I really crave is adventure. I want to travel, and seeing as how I've just begun college, I feel like that is far away in the future..I have a terrible case of wanderlust and I'm trying really hard to convince my mom to take our family to London next summer..we'll see what happens..

I'm also in the process of trying to make a schedule for next semester, because yes! We are at that point in the school year where we're already thinking about next year! I cannot believe how fast my first semester of college passed by. People who told me that these next four years fly by were not kidding! I am actually really excited to begin another semester..a new year full of new classes with new people..with new opportunities. I'm always ready for a fresh start.

So, I don't really know what the point of this blog post was supposed to be about..I just wanted to tell you (if anyone is even reading this) that I'm doing life same as you, and even though I cannot wait for next year, I'm also scared to death. That means I have to make new friends, adjust to a new schedule, and try to figure out how to have a social life with my schoolwork and (hopefully!) a job I'm applying for. If you ever wanna talk, I have links on my blog where you can find out how to contact me if you want. I'd love to chat!
I'm on a journey, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate company along the way :)
"I'm just a girl trying to find a place in this world.."
(P.S. Yes, I just quoted old Taylor Swift lyrics, but that doesn't mean I love 1989 any less! I'm listening to her newest album constantly..it's probably driving my roommates insane..)


I love Polaroids


rainboots + flowers


i'm just gonna bake, bake, bake, bake, bake..BAKE IT OFF!


I'm off to study, like I should have been doing the entire time this blog post was being written, but oh well, YOLO! Is that still acceptable?
Have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment