Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Snickerdoodle Snacks

Some people crave sugar cookies or chocolate chip, but I crave snickerdoodles.
I found this recipe on The Pioneer Woman, but modified it a bit so I could eat them :)
My family taste-tested them, and they think they're great. Of course, they may be a bit biased ;)
Anyway, I only took one picture, because I didn't think about sharing this recipe until after all the ingredients were mixed and baked. At least it was of the final product!

Ingredients
2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
2 tsps. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 c unsalted butter, softened
1 3/4 c granulated sugar
2 lg. eggs
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon


Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Then beat in eggs and scrape the bowl. Turn mixer on low and slowly add flour mixture until well combined. 
4. Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Use a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop to measure out dough balls. Roll each ball in your hands to even them out, then roll in cinnamon sugar to thoroughly coat.*
5. Place the balls on prepared baking sheets, 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 8-9 minutes, until just barely golden around the edges. Cool for several minutes on the baking sheets before moving. 

*I changed this step. Instead of dividing the sugar, I added all of the cinnamon and sugar to the mixture at once. Then I made the dough balls. I liked the taste of cinnamon throughout the cookies instead of just on the outside.

Happy baking!
+ also, yay for a new header :)

No comments:

Post a Comment