Thursday, July 28, 2016

#iheartfood

Ohmygosh, I love food! It's always been one of my favorite things about life :) I love eating as much as I love whipping up a new recipe in the kitchen! This summer, I've found a newfound appreciation for all things food. I've fallen in love with Saturday morning Farmer's Markets as much as picking up fresh + local fruits and vegetables at the grocery store. My new favorite way to "waste" time is to look on Pinterest for new recipes! I even have 3 boards devoted solely to food: one for recipes I've tried, one for recipes I hope to try, and one for inspiration. This isn't something I just discovered this summer though. I've always loved food. My mom says she remembers me, age 8, standing beside a table, reading one of the many cookbooks piled atop it, lost in my own little world. I used to cut out recipes from magazines and put them in little memory books. I even took a culinary class for my last two years of high school, which has proven to be very useful recently. For Christmas, I bake huge batches of cookies to give as gifts, because who doesn't love Christmas cookies? :)
Every summer, my family challenges ourselves with a goal of some sort.
This year, mine was to cook more and try out a few new recipes.

Here's a few of the ones I've tried..

Tilapia + roasted cauliflower + broccoli




chocolate chip pancakes (I used the pancake recipe on the back of the box!)


roasted cauliflower

For more food/recipes, search #iheartfood on my Tumblr + this blog :)

Have a great Thursday!
P.S. I know the pictures do not look exactly like how they're supposed to look for each recipe, but that doesn't affect the taste at all :)
P.P.S. #sorrynotsorry for all the recent posts with hashtags for titles ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment