Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Poetry That Speaks

When someone says poetry, what or whom do you think of?
Do you think of boring sentences that you've been forced to read in school or writings that people who've already died wrote? Some people might think that that's what poetry is, but poetry isn't all the same. That's what makes it wonderful. I love poetry. I think it's beautiful how individuals can express themselves through writing. My three favorite "current" poets that I can name off the top of my head are: Tyler Knott, Madisen Kuhn, and Rupi Kaur. I love the style of each one, and think they perfectly capture their emotions in the words they write. Here's a few examples..

Tyler Knott




Madisen Kuhn




Rupi Kaur




I'm off on a road trip today! 
Have a wonderful Tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment