Tuesday, July 12, 2016

List Update Pt. 2


You guys remember my 101 in 1001 list, right?
It's such a fun concept, and I'm so glad that Mackenzie Horan came up with it!
I love reading lists by other bloggers, and even though I still have more than enough time, I love getting to cross items off my own list.
Here's a few things I've checked off recently :)
+ a few I hope to achieve by the end of the summer!

Form an exercise routine and stick with it for at least a month.
I can't believe that a little over a year ago I wasn't even doing yoga. It's a great way to wake up in the morning and/or to help unwind at night. I also do about 20-30 minutes on the elliptical for cardio, and a plank and crunches daily. This is a general outline of what I do. I'm surprised that I actually like doing these activities!

Keep up a healthy diet.
For the most part, I would say I eat pretty healthy. I usually do not drink sodas, instead opting for water, and I love fruits and vegetables. The only problem is that I have a huge sweet tooth. I'm slowly but surely learning how to curb my sugar cravings :)

Ride my bike more.
In Texas, my cousin let me borrow one of his bikes, so we could follow my sister as she ran.
We biked 5 miles two days in a row, and I loved it!
I'm checking this item off, because my personal bike got stolen when I took it to college :( , but I hope I can buy a new one soon, or rent one when I vacation!

Update header.
Check! I love how it matches my Tumblr one :)

Find 5 new artists to listen to.
I'm almost always listening to Spotify (username: smileshineinspire).

Read 10 new books.
This summer, one of my goals was to read more. I definitely have been reading more than I thought I would, but I have way more on my list than time will allow. I'll do a separate post describing my recent favorites in more detail.

Watch 2 new TV series on Netflix.
Continuum + Friday Night Lights
These two are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum.
One's sci-fi, and the other takes place in a small Texas town.
I stumbled upon the first by mistake, and the second many recommended.

Watch 10 new movies.
I probably watch more than 10 movies in a given year, but I'll do a blog post about this item too!

Bake a pie.
I made an apple pie! I recapped the experience here.

Go berry picking in the summer.
I really want to complete this by the time school starts back!

Try 10 new recipes.
Another goal of mine for the summer was to cook more. I've always loved baking, but cooking always seemed like a bit more work. I've been pinning recipes to a board on Pinterest that consists of mostly 'healthy' foods. I've loved finding new foods to cook with, especially because it is peak season for many fruits and veggies. The Farmer's Market is definitely a highlight of the summer. I plan to check off this item by the end of summer as well!

Floss.
I only started flossing regularly at the beginning of this year, but it's a New Year's resolution that I intend to keep, mostly because I hate when my gums bleed at the dentist. Also, it makes my teeth feel really clean :)

Paint more.
In June, I was inspired to paint about 4 pieces. The above picture is one of them, and one I really liked. This item also ties into the one about me opening an Etsy shop. I think it's a great idea, but I don't have the time or resources.

Collect more postcards.
This is definitely one I'm in the process of completing, just maybe not for the reasons you'd expect. I can't reveal too much just yet :)

Get in the car and just go.
This is a modified version of this item, so I'm checking it off :)
Have you ever heard of that game that some couples play on dates? You take a quarter, pick heads for left and tails for right, or vice versa. Flip the coin to determine which direction you should take, and from there, it decides your adventure. My family and I had fun playing this game, because it led us to  new and unexpected places.

Check back Thursday! I'm recapping my Texas trip! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment