Thursday, August 4, 2016

Summer Favorites

I honestly cannot believe some people are already back in school! I have trouble comprehending that we're in the month of August, and that I go back in less than three weeks. I feel like I have so much to do, and not enough time. I'm excited about this upcoming semester, but I'm also terrified. I'm taking 15 hours, but these classes are some of the hardest ones I've ever taken. Oh gosh. Wish me luck! Anyway, today I decided to reminisce and share some of my favorites from the summer :)

Already Tomorrow In Hong Kong
Seriously so good. I love Bryan Greenberg and Jamie Chung anyway, so the both of them in this film was awesome!
Also, they got married last year! AHHH

Books
I know I promised a more in-depth post about the books I read this summer, so that's still in the works, and will be posted before I go back to school, but I loved this book (pictured above) so much that I wanted to share it now. I can't really pick just one part in the book, because there were so many that I connected with. Definitely a must-read.

Food in general :)
I'm a big foodie, so of course this item made it on the list!
I've loved every minute of being in the kitchen this summer.

Harry Potter
Obviously HP is a book series, but I felt it deserved its own spot on the list, because the latest story set in the wizarding world was released Sunday!
I ordered it on Amazon earlier this week, so I'm expecting it any day now, and am so excited to read it! No spoilers please :)

High Strung
This movie. I love ballet and violin, so when you combine both of them into a movie, I'm sold. There are exactly three songs in the movie that are constantly on repeat on my Spotify. The storyline isn't the best, but the dance and string performances are amazing and totally worth it!

Random roadtrips
I love taking mini day trips to somewhere new or unexpected. It's really fun to explore places within a day's driving distance so that I can sleep in my own bed at night :)

Spotify
You guys have heard me rave about Spotify countless times before, but ever since I bought the Premium 3 month subscription at the beginning of the summer, I have used this streaming service more than ever. I love finding new artists to listen to and creating new playlists. If you want to check out what I'm listening to, add me: smileshineinspire.

Texas
This trip was definitely a highlight. The circumstances surrounding the trip were not exactly the happiest, but I'm glad we (my family) were able to travel to visit our relatives there. Still craving that Birthday Cake shaved ice..see here.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment