Thursday, July 7, 2016

American As Apple Pie

Yesterday, I got to check off another item on my 101 in 1001 list: bake a pie! I used this recipe, and loved it! Next time, I'm definitely going to buy vanilla icecream (froyo for me!) to put on top :)


Ingredients
Crust
1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
Filling
6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (6 medium) - I only used 4 apples!
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon lemon juice*

*I didn't have lemon juice, so I left it out!


Instructions
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-in. glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
2. In large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients; spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal; flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust.
3. Bake 40-45 mins. or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2-3 in. wide strips of foil after first 15-20 mins. of baking to prevent excessive browning.
Top with icecream!** :)

**I added this part!


Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment