Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Summer Reading List

Here's the post I promised! Don't worry, it's not one of those required lists of books you have to read before school starts. 
This is my own personal list of books that I've read over the course of this summer :)
+ I highly recommend each and every one of them!


The Nightingale
This was everything I wanted in a book - a historical fiction novel full of romance and mystery. So good. 


Since You've Been Gone
A book of friendship, love, and finding yourself. I loved it :)


milk and honey
This book of poems was so beautifully written. 


Harry Potter
A classic. Every time I read these books, I'm transported to a magical place filled with characters who have become my best friends. These stories have made me laugh, cry, and realize that the power of love is truly the best magic there is.


Big Magic
The author of Eat Pray Love writes this book detailing her experiences of life as an author and the lessons she's learned along the way. I was so encouraged and inspired while reading it!


All The Light We Cannot See
This was also a story that took place during WWII, but is completely different from The Nightingale. I loved the unique plot and endearing characters.

P.S. This has nothing to do with books, though I'm sure both of these have been adapted into books of some sort. I completely forgot about/left out two movies (that I absolutely loved this summer) from last Thursday's post. I do have to mention that I only saw Nerve last Thursday night after my post was already published. Oh well :) 


Finding Dory
Pixar does it again. This film was everything I could've ever hoped for in a Finding Nemo sequel and more. The ending made me so happy!


Nerve
I thought I was going to like this movie, but it really surprised me how much I loved it! I was blown away by how good it was. It was like the ultimate game of Truth or Dare, but all Dare. This was a crazy, action-packed film that had me on the edge of my seat. I absolutely loved the thrill, and the ending - wow. 

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment