Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Yay For Yoga

I started yoga a week ago today, and I absolutely love it!
I use this mat (pictured below) and I bought it at a TJMaxx for about $10!
I've been wanting to try yoga for a long time, but I never set aside the time until this summer. I'm so glad I did! Also, as embarrassing as it sounds, I just found out what the word 'namaste' means. The meaning of this word is beautiful (see here and here). I knew nothing about yoga when I started, so finding Adriene's channel on YouTube was awesome! I began the 30 Days Of Yoga Challenge last Tuesday and found that it's a great way to jump right in and get in a habit of practicing yoga daily!

I hate exercising, but I love yoga. I look forward to waking up each morning knowing I have about 30 minutes to practice yoga. I make sure to set aside that amount of time each day so I can relax, connect to what's important, and think about what's happening later on in the day. It really does make a difference in my mornings. I am not a morning person, but yoga is definitely turning me into one :)
Practicing yoga makes me feel much happier and enables me to de-stress before the craziness of the day starts.

This article is a great read and includes many of the reasons why I chose to start practicing yoga.
I love how refreshed I feel after each session.


I would definitely recommend yoga to anyone who wants an alternative to 'regular' types of exercise :)

Have a great rest of today!

No comments:

Post a Comment